Strategic Gift Card and Partnerships Manager
Our client is UK’s favourite restaurant brand with locations across the UK & Ireland. Revenue from their gift cards exceeded £10m in 2018. This category continues to grow, particularly through the emergence of B2B channels and digital gifting solutions, and they believe that they have a gifting proposition that could be an even bigger revenue stream.
Paying up to 65K plus bonus (and a partnership bonus), this role is based in SW London however there is lots of flexibility to work from home. They are looking for someone who can develop and execute a development strategy for the gift card category that ensures they have the most popular gift card in the sector.
You will need to be highly self-sufficient and commercially astute with a good mix of marketing, analytics and P&L control. Have strong evidence of marketing skills including product promotions and analysis, proven experience of negotiating and tendering programmes, strong commercial awareness and previous sales experience, preferably within a retail and B2B environment and a proven track record in building new partnerships (commercial, corporate or brand). You will also need to be tech savvy and have strong experience in the Gift Card market. The role will report into the Marketing team and will include involvement in an evolving brand partnership strategy.
The company offer free lunches, healthcare, life insurance, 25 days holiday, sabbatical after 5 years, pension, plus trips abroad and financial rewards for employee loyalty.
- Identify opportunities to grow sales across all channels in the gift card category and develop a 3-5 year strategic growth plan to maximise these opportunities
- Build and maintain the business case for investment in the gift card category, through the understanding of purchase, redemption and spend behaviour.
- Manage and develop the gift card proposition in all B2C and B2B channels through the relationship with partners, resellers and retailers, to include:
- Negotiating commercial terms to maximise sales and margin
- Identifying optimum card load value
- Maximising presence in gift card malls
- Identifying suitable promotional opportunities
- Project manage the rollout of digital gift card solutions to ensure they are delivered to scope, on time and within budget
- Develop and maintain an active working relationship with internal stakeholders to ensure the appropriate support is provided to develop the gift card proposition, specifically technology, digital, finance and operations teams
- Work with the marketing and digital teams to enhance the gift card proposition through card/wallet design, promotion, online presence
- Maintain a detailed specialist understanding of the Gift Card and Voucher market
- Full responsibility for the associated P&L
- Responsible for developing existing partnerships and creating new opportunities in this space, playing a critical role in delivering financial growth and raising brand awareness.
- Working alongside the Ops, Digital, Brand & Regional teams, to make sure all are aligned and working towards the same goal
Key Skills and Attitudes:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to understand different business models and how they affect potential sales
- Ability to take responsibility with a bias for action, whilst working collaboratively as required
- Confidently influence and engage at all levels
- Demonstrate a track record of delivering results
Apologies, but due to the predicted number of applicants we are only able to respond to successful candidates who meet the criteria as agreed with our client. We appreciate your understanding.