Our client is a unique business, a leading provider of technology-led B2B recognition, incentive and event programs. Their award-winning programs are designed to inspire and engage their client’s customers, employees and partners through recognising the desired behaviours and measurable performance. They have utilised the vast experience of their in-house team to develop a best-in-class, proprietary platform that has earned them a reputation as an innovator in the industry.
Their continuous growth and ambitions to become a global entity has led to a requirement to introduce a new role in the Sales function of Global Sales Director. The primary responsibility is to grow and develop the sales function from its current form and size into a “Global Team” winning and managing multiple global clients and targeting revenues in excess of $100m within 5 years.
This role will sit on the Executive Committee. The scope of the role is expected to evolve over time depending on company strategy and market opportunities but currently they need someone with copious amounts of Sales Leadership, preferably who understands how to sell reward technology platforms or points banking solutions within the reward industry. This person will also be supporting and overseeing the company events revenue stream so an understanding of this industry would be beneficial also.
The remuneration package is currently negotiable and mutual expectations can be discussed at the time of shortlisting.
The Head Office is based in the beautiful area of Warwickshire however they are open minded about flexibility and remote working depending on business and staff management demands. They are keeping an open mind!
Role and Responsibilities of the Global Sales Director:
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Define optimal sales force structure and a more “joined up approach” to achieve most effective selling processes and team collaboration
- Manage the sales team, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Coach all members of the sales team to develop skills and improve performance
- Hire and develop sales staff to expand the team
- Manage the use of budgets
- Help the company to be known as an employer of choice and a sales force that top sales people want to join
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives potentially introducing a ‘Sales Academy’.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Deliver accurate sales forecasting and pipeline management
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful lead generation and communications
- Manage key & complex customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with prospective customers and clients to establish and develop key relationships
Experience required to be the Global Sales Director:
- Successful and demonstrable experience building and executing a go-to-market strategy and sales plan
- Experience selling directly to B2B (mid-sized and large)
- Experience selling recognition, incentives, events and reward programs to midsized to large organisations
- Extensive experience closing 5 and 6-figure deals
- Experience monitoring and evaluating sales rep progress against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behaviour with performance expectations
- Recruitment experience managing a large team (this is to grow to 10+ over 12/24 months)
- Coaching sales people to be the best they can be
- Managing complex key customer relationships and closing strategic opportunities globally
- Utilising a CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data
- Experience hiring and onboarding sales professionals
- Building and managing sales teams regionally and globally
- Proven experience working within a medium/large company environment multi-nationally
- Experience providing status reports with market and customer feedback to the Executive Leadership team
- Can demonstrate ability in all aspects of sales leadership
Benefits: £550 per month car allowance, Pension (4%), Retail staff discounts, 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Healthcare after 3 years’ service but this could be negotiable at senior level
Salary & Bonus: Negotiable