Our client is an expanding financial services business that works with well-known multi-site restaurant chains in and around London.
The restaurant’s need for more financial services is paramount, so they require a management accountant to support the senior management accountant team.
Reporting in to the Group Management Accountant, this is a very ‘service’ driven business where analysis and reporting is the remit, over strategy.
The company is a very pleasant place to work with an informal office approach, but they work hard!
You must have at least 2 years’ experience in managing the accounts for multi-sites, analysis of costs, trends, margins and bottom line with demonstrable experience of understanding and explaining P& L’s to non-finance people in the business, namely restaurant General Managers.
This is a highly independent role looking after 12 sites,
Basic salary is 35K to 38K depending on experience, plus 10% commission and a study support package valued at £5,000. There are also restaurant discounts of course!
You will need:
- At least 2 years management accounting experience in retail, hospitality or leisure. Multisite/high growth experience would be ideal.
- Exam qualified or part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills including written and spoken English.
- Team player to join growing finance team.
- Confident. Meticulous. Precise. Self starter. Professional. Logical.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience with Excel Pivot tables, Excel Marcros.
- Sage Line 200 would be an advantage.
- Preparing monthly consolidated and individual management accountants for various group companies
Preparation of monthly Management Accounts includes
- Reconciliation and checking of underlying data
- Ensuring regular month end procedures are executed
- Reconciliation of monthly management accounts to weekly sales and cost reports
- Reviewing P&L against expectations
- Balance sheet reconciliations including detailed accruals and prepayments and the review of such reconciliations by other finance team members
- Providing commentary on variance from expectations and other key matters
- Generating monthly management account packs and issuing to the Board, senior management and individual restaurant locations.
- Assisting the Board, senior management and restaurant managers with management account queries.
- Preparation of Key Performance Indicators packs across the group along with quarterly/half yearly bonus calculations.
- Year end closure and preparation of information for auditors and dealing with their queries.
- Preparation of information for annual corporation tax packs and capital allowances packs.
- Quarterly VAT reconciliations, filing and payment.
- Production of annual budgets and liaison with key stakeholders in ensuring timely delivery.
- Providing turnover information to landlords as stipulated in leases.
- Calculating, invoicing and collecting fees due from franchisees.
- Providing training for new restaurant managers and other operational management in understanding and using profit and loss accounts and management accounting information.
- Management of staff including usual on the job training and appraisal processes.
- Fielding ad hoc finance queries and ad hoc administrative work.