Our client is an expanding financial services business that works with well-known multi-site restaurant chains in and around London.
Growth is imminent with the acquisition of two / three new restaurants a year and therefore the need for more financial services is paramount, so they require a management accountant to support the senior management accountant team.
Reporting in to the Group Management Accountant, this is a very ‘service’ driven business where analysis and reporting is the remit, over strategy.
You must have at least 1-2 years’ experience in managing the accounts for multi-sites, analysis of costs, trends, margins and bottom line with demonstrable experience of understanding and explaining P& L’s to non-finance people in the business, namely restaurant General Managers.Basic salary is 30K to 37K depending on experience, plus a study support package valued at £5,000.
You will need:
- At least 1-2 years management accounting experience in retail, hospitality or leisure. Multisite/high growth experience would be ideal.
- Exam qualified or part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills including written and spoken English.
- Team player to join growing finance team.
- Confident. Meticulous. Precise. Self starter. Professional. Logical.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience with Excel Pivot tables, Excel Marcros.
- Sage Line 200 would be an advantage.
- Preparing monthly consolidated and individual management accountants for various group companies
Preparation of monthly Management Accounts includes
- Reconciliation and checking of underlying data
- Ensuring regular month end procedures are executed
- Reconciliation of monthly management accounts to weekly sales and cost reports
- Reviewing P&L against expectations
- Balance sheet reconciliations including detailed accruals and prepayments and the review of such reconciliations by other finance team members
- Providing commentary on variance from expectations and other key matters
- Generating monthly management account packs and issuing to the Board, senior management and individual restaurant locations.
- Assisting the Board, senior management and restaurant managers with management account queries.
- Preparation of Key Performance Indicators packs across the group along with quarterly/half yearly bonus calculations.
- Year end closure and preparation of information for auditors and dealing with their queries.
- Preparation of information for annual corporation tax packs and capital allowances packs.
- Quarterly VAT reconciliations, filing and payment.
- Production of annual budgets and liaison with key stakeholders in ensuring timely delivery.
- Providing turnover information to landlords as stipulated in leases.
- Calculating, invoicing and collecting fees due from franchisees.
- Providing training for new restaurant managers and other operational management in understanding and using profit and loss accounts and management accounting information.
- Management of staff including usual on the job training and appraisal processes.
- Fielding ad hoc finance queries and ad hoc administrative work.
Apologies, but due to the predicted number of applicants we are only able to respond to successful candidates who meet the criteria as agreed with our client. We appreciate your understanding.