Database Administrator (SQL)
Our very exciting e-commerce client is looking to appoint a Database Administrator (SQL Environment), who will report to the Head of Software Development and work alongside the internal development team. This role will play a key role in their team as they design, deliver and migrate to a refreshed data architecture & improved experience for their customers.
The successful candidate will have experience and knowledge of all stages of database design & development and support process within an SQL environment.
The company operate in both B2B and B2C divisions. Their B2C provides customers with access to a huge range of experiences via branded vouchers and gift cards. They are the largest player in the UK Market and have enjoyed double-digit growth for over a decade.
They are open, honest, straightforward and like to do things a little differently. They have newly refurbished modern offices and they are a fun, fast paced environment that offers a free breakfast at work, amongst other fantastic benefits.
For the right candidate this is a great opportunity, to be a key part of building their platform, their culture, development practices and approach from the ground up.
Salary up to £45k plus bonus and extensive employee benefits.
Successful candidate will;
- Play a key role in design, delivery and migrating to a refreshed data architecture and improved customer experience
- Experience and knowledge of all stages of database design, development and support process
- Own the definition of the data architecture
- Work with creative team to translate design and visual assets in to highly effective customer and partner tools
- Influence the design and overall architecture of the web application
- Collaborate with the rest of the technical team to design and launch new features
- Understand and implement security and data protection
- Performance is optimised daily
- Maintain code integrity and organisation
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to present ideas clearly to non-technical colleagues
- A team player who enjoys collaborating with peers
- An accomplished developer with experience in an eCommerce environment preferably in a high pace business or agency
- 3-4 years’ experience designing and managing SQL Environments
- A range of programming languages
- Experience with API specification, design, delivery and management
- Knowledge of development tools including GitHub, Jenkins and Kuernetes
Apologies, but due to the predicted number of applicants we are only able to respond to successful candidates who meet the criteria as agreed with our client. We appreciate your understanding.