CLIENT ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
Key purpose of the role…
A leading performance improvement agency based in Buckinghamshire needs a Client Account Director to lead and manage a client account team to run the smooth & profitable delivery of programme objectives for a particular client.
Our client specialises in Event Management, Sales and Channel incentive solutions and Employee Engagement programmes and this opportunity is an operational role primarily to oversee all of the technical & data reporting and financial aspects of Client programmes within existing accounts. Also to upsell current projects, cross-sell services and identify new opportunities for the Sales & Marketing Team in order to maximise profitability and support client retention.
The right candidate will have a mix of the following:
- 1-2 years team management experience
- Significant relevant experience in an agency environment with a focus on Client
- service within the Performance Improvement arena or significant Client-side experience in similar role
- Strong analytical skills, with previous experience of managing data and data flows and specifying and managing databases and website builds.
- High achiever with proven track record in managing the successful delivery of sales and marketing programmes achieving Gross Profits in excess of £250,000.
- Experience with managing financial aspects of client accounts
- Managing multiple small projects
- Writing proposals
- Pricing up requests
- Designing project plans.
- Agency experience
- Confident and credible in front of clients
They are offering a salary of up to 50K plus car allowance plus bonuses and excellent benefits.
- Support the Client Relationship Director in the direction and management of the Client programmes, supporting proposal writing, presentations, quotations and project plans.
- To play the lead role in the delivery of Client projects, including Client liaison, management of internal resource departments and management of external suppliers.
- To take responsibility for the personal development of the Client account team members through, appraisals, 1:1 meetings, coaching and training.
- Overseeing the creation of the design briefs and then briefing the internal creative department.
- Overseeing the briefing of Business Analysts and Technical Project Implementation Managers to create Statements of Work and Project Change Orders.
- Participating in briefing Database & Web Developers and overseeing the testing of systems once developed.
- To initiate relevant internal and Client meetings, creating agendas, meeting plans and following up with contact reports.
- To project manage Client jobs, including taking responsibility for leading Client meetings (where appropriate), managing timelines, reporting, Client and participant communications including contact reports and project plans.
- Supporting GP targets by ensuring timesheets and budgets are kept up to date and all work is quoted and approved by the Client before commencement.
- To manage all financial aspects of Client projects, including using the financial system to oversee the timely set up of jobs and budgets, monitor cost and time allocations, keep budgets up-to-date, ensure accurate billing, issue invoices on time, finalise jobs and work closely with the CRD to ensure that the business has the most up to date revenue and GP forecasts at all times.
- To quality manage Client jobs, including responsibility for ensuring the Service Level Agreement and Statement of Work are adhered to at all times.
- To work with your CRD to ensure that the profitability within existing accounts is maximised by actively identifying and acting upon new business opportunities within existing accounts and upselling existing projects.
- To identify new opportunities for the CRDs and Sales & Marketing Team in order to maximise profitability and support Client retention.
- To support the CRD on the Client Growth Plan for each Client, ensuring the team is immersed in Client strategy and objectives and takes ownership for all actions arising from the CGP.
- Ownership of profit objectives for each Client programme.
- Responsibility for managing Client project budgets: monitoring cost and time expenditure; invoicing; identifying uplift opportunities; rebilling all costs profitably.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A proven self-starter who is able to initiate and lead projects without guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build and develop positive relationships at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, presentational – with clarity of expression.
- Good understanding of data, data flows, databases and web structures.
- Demonstrable people management skills.
- Commercial outlook.
- Passion for quality.
- Credibility in front of Clients and line reports.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of using financial systems and procedures.
- Good IT literacy, including good knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MS Access
Apologies, but due to the predicted number of applicants we are only able to respond to successful candidates who meet the criteria as agreed with our client. We appreciate your understanding.